We earnestly request all of you sheltered under the lotus feet of Sri Sri Radha Radhanath to offer prayers with all your heart, in line with the instructions Srila Prabhupada gave his own disciples when he was not well, “My Dear Lord Krishna, if you so desire, please cure His Holiness Bhakti Charu Swami.” Maharaja has tested positive for COVID-19 and is currently in critical condition in the ICU at a hospital in the USA. We are deeply indebted for the significant service Maharaja has offered in South Africa.
The past 90 days have been extremely challenging at the Sri Sri Radha Radhanath Temple. The lockdown emphasises that the devotees are the heart of the temple and not having their association in festivals, temple programs, rendering service together, and honouring of prasad together has been heartbreaking.
While we understand the need to come together, devotees and friends understand that the main priority of each of us is to ensure that we maintain uninterrupted worship of our Lordships Sri Sri Radha Radhanath.
Even with the infection rate rapidly rising, considering the government regulation under level 3 of the disaster act for places of worship, we would like to gradually open the temple for darshan safely and securely.
From Monday 22 June 2020, we will allow darshan from the bridge (from behind the security gate) between 11am-1pm from Monday to Sunday.
For your safety, these are the protocols that will be observed:
1) The darshan area will be cleaned daily before and after the darshan times.
2) Compulsory temperature check and hand sanitisation at the entrance of the temple.
3) No masks no entry! (Reusable cloth masks will be on sale at Govindas.)
4) Adhere to directives by the safety officers and proceed to the bridge for darshan.
5) Kindly refrain from offering obeisances. You may do so mentally.
6) Once you have taken darshan, please proceed to the exit.
7) You may bring the following items as offerings: ingredients for cooking and flowers. Note: cooked offerings are not allowed. Offerings must be in placed the “Bhoga Box” allocated on the bridge.
(A video will be posted in the next few days detailing the above procedure.)
I do apologise for not allowing you in the temple at this stage. Various safety protocols have to be in place before that can be approved. The temple currently does not have the resources to manage such a situation.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Remember that Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura said that we should try to act in a way that the Deity will see us.
I am looking forward to serving you once again.
Vibhu Caitanya Das
OBO SSRRT Management
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 863 8907 6861
Govinda’s Pop-Up Takeaway is now opened!
Govinda’s is offering pre-orders (via Govinda’s WhatsApp 078 849 4291), pick-up or drop in & buy (at pop-up store) and delivery to your vehicle. Strictly card payments only.
Help spread the word by sharing the menu with at least three people.
Please direct all queries via WhatsApp 062 526 3606 or firstname.lastname@example.org