Vibhu Caitanya Prabhu presented the Sri Sri Radha Radhanath Temple report yesterday at the Love Feast. In case any of you missed it, here is a synopsis:
- Sri Sri Radha Radhanath Temple leads the country in book distribution. we want to help South Africa to distribute 500 000 books in 2015 as an offering to Srila Prabhupada’s 50th anniversary of coming to the West.
- Our new management team: Swarup Damodar Das and Vibhu Caitanya Das (Temple Presidents); Balaram Das KDS (Congregational Outreach); Ramvijay Das (Financial Management & Governance); Pyari Mohan Das (Temple Operations); Krsangi Radhe Dasi (Communications); Bhakta Sudhir (Administrative Secretary & Youth Development); & Akrura Das (Facilities & Temple Restoration).
- Our ISKCON Outreach has been successful in both consistency and attracting people who ordinarily would not come to the Temple.
- Our 2013 financial records are up to date and submitted for audit.
- Our resident devotees serving in the temple have a basic hospital plan. We are grateful to our devotee doctors who assist us.
- Our social media is growing and we have more than trebled our Facebook likes over the last 2 years. Our goal is to reach 50 000 Facebook likes by next year. Please help by sharing our posts.
- Now you can hear classes, view festivals, etc. on Sound Cloud, Ustream and Awdio.
- Our Hare Krishna News is your link to upcoming events at the temple and is available at no cost.
- We have the option to buy the Thornville Goshala. Situated 50 kms outside of Durban this, beautiful property consists of over 25 hectares of lush sugar plantations and grazing for the six cows.
- Sri Sri Radha Radhanath Temple will be celebrating the 30th opening anniversary in 2015. In order to mark the occasion we have decided to restore the Temple to it’s original glory with some improvements:
- Replacing the exterior pink marble tiles.
- Repainting the temple using eco paint.
- Refurbishing the roof, which includes waterproofing, cleaning and re-screwing the stainless steel tiles.
- Upgrading Govinda’s and the Gift Shop.
- We are making a major move towards going green:
- all packaging will be biodegradable in the near future.
- biodegradable detergents
- changing to the use of solar powered geysers
- LED bulbs for all lights
- recycling water, and more…
You can be part of the renovation by either sharing contacts who can assist us or by donating to this endeavour. Attached is a form with the options and cost. Please share with as many people as you know. You can view the temple report on this website (only available from later this afternoon).
Your Week Ahead
Kids Winter Retreat
Join Sri Sri Nitai Gaura on route from Burlington Heights to the RDP houses at 9.30am.
Durban Festival of Chariots Sale
10am-6pm on both days
A wide variety of gopis outfits (children and adults), kurtis, scarves, kurtas and T-shirts (children and adults), dhotis and much more.
Sri Sri Radha Radhanath Temple prasad marquee.
If you have ICT skills and would like to join out team, please go to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wM5yucFHJHybDrL8MCLeK0hVH69YxujB4fEs2oGbnjk/viewform?usp=send_form.
Lastly, we thank the devotees who travelled from all over KwaZulu Natal to attend the Sunday Love Feast.
As always, we look forward to seeing you and hope this finds you in the best spirits,
Your friends at Sri Sri Radha Radhanath Temple
T: 031 4033328 | F: 031 4034429 | www.iskcondurban.net | email@example.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/DurbanKrishna | Twitter: http://twitter.com/DurbanKrishna